Truro Timber Frame Ltd requires a design manager to oversee the design office at our office base in Indian Queens.
We are a growing timber frame company which will be celebrating our 10th birthday next year.
Started as two brothers in a barn building timber frames, the business still has the same family values but on a grander scale.
We offer timber frame packages to suit the customers needs we offer supply, erect and insulate options.
The small design team are a important cog in the company, they are the foundations to the project. Receiving drawings from the client and working with structural engineers daily to execute the build the customers dream of to pass to our factory for manufacturing.
The successful design manager will have:
- Sound knowledge of timber frame construction
- Experience in design software (Ideally Mitek timber frame software)
- Previous management & mentor experience
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Organised work ethic, able to multi task projects
- Able to work within set budgets and record costings
- Motivate staff and encourage their growth in the design department
- Good communication skills verbally and written
- Ability to confidently attend site meetings, pre-let meetings and in house staff meetings
- To be able to self manage work load and prepare schedules of works
If you wish to see projects we have completed please visit our social media pages, or website.
We have some on going residential projects, along with educational buildings, student accommodation, self builds and extensions. Each project is varying and this role attracts someone who would like to challenge themselves where no two days are the same.
The office will be new, due to a office move to a new premises on the same site.
You will have the opportunity to create a work space and design office to suit your team, to get the most out of each day.
Working hours: Monday – Friday, 8am – 4:30pm
We invite you to apply for this position and we will commence interviews on the 20th November onward, applications do not have a closing date at time of publishing.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £30,000.00 to £40,000.00 /year